Big Day Out
- Childish Gambino, oh my effing lord. I knew he was going to be good, and I had heard promising things about his live show but FUCK. It was amazing. He had a four piece band with him, every one of those dudes played at least three different instruments throughout the set, including violins! Fucking violins! And they (the band and the man himself) were so pumped, ughhh it was so awesome. Donald Glover rules my world.
- Foals! I have been wanting to see Foals forever and now I have. Such an amazing show; their albums are great but seeing and hearing it all live, and how they put it all together considering how intricate and layered their music is… ahhhh so happy right now.
- Phat Buddha Rolls food truck! I’m going to follow it wherever it goes.
- Honourable Mentions: Alabama Shakes (Brittany Howard is a wonderful leading lady), The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, those frozen lime margaritas…
- Major fucking douchebags in the Foals crowd. How does a band with such beautiful music as Foals get such wanker fans? These guys were pushing everyone around the entire time, and it really bothered me. I know people like to have a good time, and being pushed around is part of the whole festival/live music experience, but it really was too much. Can’t we all just get along? Can’t we just make sure that we’re not fucking with anyone else’s day/vibe/personal space?
- A fight (very close to me and my sister/friends) in the Foals crowd. Seriously?
- $12 frozen lime margaritas? Get out.
- No one shared any weed with me.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers… blergh. Bring back John Frusciante. Or just stop*.
(*They can’t stop, they’re addicted to the shindig.)
← Earlier Posts Page 1 of 16